Last updated on October 30, 2023
Before taking on your mummy makeover, it is best to prepare your body, mind, and overall wellness.
The mummy makeover is a collection of plastic surgeries that restores your body to its youthful or pre-pregnancy contour, typically including procedures such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction. Compared to body lift, which focuses primarily on the lower body, the mummy makeover addresses multiple areas of the body in a single surgical session. Physical and emotional preparation will help to ensure that your recovery is easily manageable. The majority of mummy makeover requires a general anaesthetic. You should stop smoking 6 weeks prior to surgery, preferably 3 months, and stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements before surgery. You may need preoperative tests prior to surgery, which we will arrange if required.
Preparatory Steps for Mummy Makeover Surgery
The mummy makeover is an extensive cosmetic surgery that requires careful preparation to achieve safe and desirable outcomes. To ensure a successful procedure, it’s important to work closely with a trusted surgeon at Breast & Body Clinic who can guide you through the process and provide personalized recommendations based on your unique needs and goals. In terms of advanced preparation steps, there are several key measures that the patient can take to optimize their safety and results:
- Avoid smoking for at least 3 months prior to the procedure
- Avoid direct sun exposure for two weeks before the surgery
- Do not take aspirin, blood thinning drugs, vitamin E, and herbal supplements for two weeks before the surgery
- Arrange for someone responsible to drive the patient back home after the surgery and preferably have someone to assist the patient at home in the first few days
- Eat healthy foods with lots of vitamins and minerals to help decrease the risk of infection and speed the healing process