BREAST AND BODY CLINIC - DEDICATED
FOCUS IN More Defined Abdomen
One of the top 10 Plastic Surgeons in Manchester
Over 9000 procedures performed
First Prize for Best Clinical Design at National Research Collaborative Meeting, London.
Over 22 Years experience in plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery practice in Northwest.
Awarded Certificate of Excellence 2022 by iWantGreatCare
4.97 out of 5 rating on Doctify
Are you unhappy with the amount of fat that appears in your stomach area? Has traditional abdominoplasty failed to achieve a flatter and more defined abdomen? If so, the Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck may offer a promising solution.
At the Breast & Body Clinic, we offer the Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck, a specialised variation of the traditional abdominoplasty technique tailored to address redundant skin and excess fat in the midsection. This procedure is particularly advantageous for patients undergoing significant weight loss or pregnancy.
What is a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck?
What are the benefits of a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck in Manchester?
- Removal of Excess Skin and Fat: The Fleur de Lis tummy tuck is an effective procedure that can remove excess skin and fat from the abdominal region, particularly in patients who have lost substantial weight or have significant amounts of excess skin. This can enhance the abdomen’s appearance and provide a more contoured profile.
- More Effective Muscle Tightening: The Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty’s vertical incision is more effective at tightening muscles than traditional tummy tucks. This can tone and define the stomach area.
- Customised Results: The Fleur de Lis tummy tuck can be tailored to meet the specific needs and goals of each patient. The surgeon can adjust the amount of skin, fat, and muscle tightening to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Increased Body Confidence: Patients who undergo a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck often report increased body confidence and self-esteem. They feel more comfortable in their clothes and more confident in social situations.
- Long-Lasting Results: With proper diet and exercise, a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck can provide long-lasting results. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is essential to preserving the results.
- Better Posture: Removing excess belly fat and skin can improve posture. Patients tend to stand straighter and experience less back strain.
- Better Physical Health: A Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty can provide both cosmetic and health benefits. Patients who undergo this procedure generally report increased mobility and comfort, especially if they have excess skin that is causing chafing.
Risks and Side Effects of the Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck
- Scarring: Scarring is an unavoidable outcome of any surgery, but the vertical incision used in the Fleur de Lis technique may result in more noticeable scars than a typical stomach tuck. Proper care can aid in scar fading.
- Infection: There is always a risk of infection with any surgery. To reduce the risk of infection, patients are typically given antibiotics before and after the procedure.
- Poor Wound Healing: Some individuals may have diabetes, which can cause delayed healing or wound separation, necessitating additional surgery.
- Numbness or Sensitivity: Fleur de Lis belly tucks may cause abdominal numbness or sensitivity, which is usually temporary and resolves on its own.
- Blood Clots: As with any surgery, a Fleur de Lis belly tuck can result in blood clots. Patients are encouraged to move around as much as possible following the procedure to reduce the risk of blood clots. This may be uncomfortable and may require additional therapy.
- Anaesthesia Risks: As with most surgical procedures, the use of general anaesthesia in a Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty carries some inherent risks, including the possibility of adverse reactions to anaesthesia. Additionally, there is a small risk of developing deep vein thrombosis, which is the formation of blood clots in the deep veins of the legs.
Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty Recovery and Aftercare
- Rest: During the early recovery phase, rest is crucial. Patients should take a week off from work or other activities to recover and should avoid strenuous activities during this period.
- Compression Garment: Patients will receive a compression garment after the procedure. This garment is designed to minimise swelling and promote healing. Following their plastic surgeon’s instructions, patients should wear the garment.
- Medication: Pain medication may be necessary during the healing process. Patients should take their plastic surgeon’s prescribed medication.
- Follow-up Appointments: Patients should attend all follow-up appointments with their plastic surgeon to monitor their progress and healing. Keeping all scheduled appointments is essential.
- Scar Care: Proper scar care is crucial for the best outcome. Patients should avoid sun exposure and keep the incision site clean and dry. Plastic surgeons may recommend specific scar care products.
- Gradual Return to Regular Activities: Patients can gradually resume regular activities under their plastic surgeon’s guidance. However, intense activities, heavy lifting, and exercise should be avoided for six weeks after the surgery.
- Healthy Lifestyle: After a Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to preserve the benefits. This includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and the cessation of smoking.
Cost of a Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck in Manchester
Wondering if Body Contouring is Right For You? Find Out Today
Why choose Breast and Body UK for your Fleur de Lis Tummy Tuck in Manchester?
Meet Mr Siddiqui
MBBS (HONS), MRCS ED, M.CH, FRCS (PLASTIC SURGERY) CONSULTANT PLASTIC AND COSMETIC SURGEON
Mr. Siddiqui is a proficient consultant plastic and cosmetic surgeon with comprehensive training and expertise in plastic surgery. He has been acknowledged as one of the top ten cosmetic surgeons in Manchester for his remarkable skills and knowledge in the field.
His unwavering commitment to providing exceptional care and achieving optimal outcomes is evident in his use of the most advanced techniques and technologies available in plastic surgery.
Find your answers to the commonly asked questions below.
A Fleur de Lis stomach tuck may be recommended for patients with excess abdominal skin, fat, and muscle weakness. This surgical procedure aims to remove excess tissue from the abdominal region, leading to a flatter and more toned appearance. However, not all patients are suitable candidates for the procedure.
Several factors, such as overall health, medical history, and personal goals, must be carefully considered before deciding to undergo a Fleur de Lis tummy tuck. Patients should consult a proficient surgeon to discuss the procedure’s advantages and disadvantages and determine its appropriateness for their unique circumstances.
A Fleur de Lis abdominoplasty is different from a standard tummy tuck because it involves an additional vertical incision in the centre of the belly, resembling a Fleur de Lis sign. This allows for the removal of excess fat and skin, which is helpful for weight-loss patients. However, it leaves both a vertical and horizontal scar. It’s important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine the best technique for individual goals.
Yes, there may be some scars. However, our plastic surgeons aim to keep incisions thin and situated where they are not highly visible. This is not always possible, depending on the surgery performed so please discuss any concerns you may have with Mr Siddiqui when you meet him for your consultation.
You can have many different areas treated, from your facial skin, neck, abdominal muscles and stomach, to breasts, buttocks and upper arms. It all depends on where your loose skin and excess fat are located and what you wish to achieve from your cosmetic procedures.
Usually, surgery performed for body contouring as part of a weight loss journey are elective cosmetic procedures, therefore the NHS will not cover the costs. However, if excess skin is causing serious health problems there may be exceptions. It is best to discuss this with us at Breast & Body Clinic and we can help provide advice and resources on the NHS.
Most plastic surgeons will recommend you wait 12 – 18 months after bariatric surgery or dramatic weight loss to allow your body time to adjust and maintain a stable weight before undergoing surgery for body contouring. You can discuss timeframes for surgery with Mr Siddiqui and the friendly team at Breast & Body Clinic, Manchester.
Ask Us a Question
Any questions or looking for a consultation? Simply fill in the form below and
we will get back to you promptly with a reply. We are always here for you!