Thigh Reduction surgery is also known as "Thighplasty". It is a surgical procedure that aims to smooth and reshape the upper thighs by removing loose skin or fat. Thigh lift surgery or thigh reduction is a way to achieve the firmer and attractive upper legs that you always dreamed about. It is growing in popularity especially among those who have lost substantial amounts of weight and have loose skin on their thighs or they find unattractive.
The upper legs especially the thighs are a problem area for both men and women. As we age it becomes very difficult to get rid of the fat on thighs, as the fat becomes resistant to diet and exercise, even if you exercise too much. The problem with the fat on thighs is that it make you look fatter, older and weaker at the same time. Even if you lose the weight, the excess skin remains there and it can make you very self-conscious about your appearance.
Why it's done
- Restore your self-assurance and confidence regarding your body
- Your thighs will be firmer, smooth and more youthful.
- Eliminates chafing between the thighs
- Your body will appear more shapely and proportional.
If you too have been having difficulty in keeping your thigh toned, even after losing a lot of weight and following a healthy lifestyle, then a thigh lift surgery can be the ideal solution for you. It is important to keep in mind that a thighplasty is not a procedure that can aid weight loss. Our surgeons strongly advise that you reach a stable weight before you have your surgery.
Preparing For Your Thigh Reduction Surgery
Before you have your surgery, there are a few thigh lift preparation tips that we recommend. These will help you through your recovery. It is important to follow your surgeon's pre and post-op advice as this is specific to you.
Post Operative Activities
- After Surgery, incisions will be bandaged, drains may be placed to prevent blood and fluid accumulation, and a compression garment is worn to hold your incisions in place. in first two weeks.
- After two days, you may shower, carefully removing your compression garment and bandages to gently wash your thighs.
- Body exercises can be resumed after 6-8 weeks.