Tummy Tuck in Manchester
Tummy Tuck is a cosmetic surgery operation which is commonly known as Abdominoplasty.
In this procedure the surgeon flattens the abdomen by removing extra fat and skin, and tightening muscles in your abdominal wall.
Who should go for a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is suitable for people be it men or women who are in good health. It is also useful for people who are obese and have excess fat deposits or loose skin around their stomach(belly),also Women who had several pregnancies may find this surgery useful for tightening their abdominal muscles and reducing skin.
Who should avoid Tummy Tuck?
However a person who is planning to have a baby should not go for tummy tuck as during surgery, your vertical muscles are tightened, and future pregnancies can separate those muscles. People who are planning to lose a lot of weight should try to lose it naturally and tummy tuck should not be used as an alternative to weight loss.
Types of Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck
People who are planning to have a tummy tuck should know about the different types of abdominoplasty. Our clinic offers a range of tummy tuck procedures such as a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck and Fleur De Lis.
1. Full Tummy Tuck
In this type, the person will go through the surgery having a cut from one hipbone to the other. The surgeon shapes and removed excess fat, skin and tissue. Post-surgery the person may have drainage tubes attached to their skin for some duration. There will be tightening of six pack muscles.
2. Mini Tummy Tuck
In this type surgeries are performed for removal of excess fat and skin below the navel area. Unlike the full tummy tuck, the person’s belly button may not be moved. This is a much shorter procedure and takes about a couple hours to be completed.
3. Fleur de lys Tummy Tuck
In this type surgeries are performed for removal of excess fat and skin in the tummy when there is excess skin in upper abdomen, commonly following massive weight loss. There is a midline scar in the tummy in addition to lower scar.
4. Lipo Abdominoplasty
In this type surgeries are performed for removal of excess fat and skin from the tummy and liposuction on the flanks to give a better shape or curve.
Average recovery time is about 6 weeks for a person to recover for all normal activities.
At home Recovery Tips after Tummy Tuck
Given below are few points for at home recovery.
- Initially the person might need to sleep on an inclined surface for the first few days after surgery. Sleeping in this position will help reduce swelling. Putting pillows underneath the patient’s knees can also reduce pressure from their abdomen.
- The person should not sit or lay at one position whole day they should keep moving after the surgery, even if it’s only a bit of walking. This will help to keep the blood flowing, which helps with the healing process and decreases the chances of a blood clot in ones legs. Keep drinking lots of fluids to maintain hydration in this period.
- The patient should rest as much as possible since they may feel tired regularly for weeks or even months.
- During the recovery time the person is advised not to drive for first two weeks and they should limit strenuous exercise and physical activity for four to six weeks. Your doctor can help you decide what activities you can perform and how long you’ll need to take off work. Therefore keep in touch with your doctor and consult him/her regularly for anything and everything.
Hospitals and Clinic in Manchester for Tummy Tuck
There are a number of good hospitals and Clinics in and around Manchester known for performing tummy tuck with great efficiency.
- Breast & Body Clinic - The Breast and Body clinic was founded with a vision to focus on being consultant led and individually focused. They focus on offering individually tailored experiences provided by their surgeons, from managing the consultation process right through to the end. At this clinic, surgeons aim to make patients feel at ease and deliver high quality service and results.
- Spire Manchester Hospital - With Spire Healthcare you’ll see a leading specialist in a hospital where safety comes first. As well as offering fast access to diagnosis and treatments, they screen the patients and staff for COVID-19 symptoms and have extensive protection protocols in place. When you book an appointment with them, you can be sure that you’ll receive expert care in a secure environment.
- Nuffield Grosvenor Hospital, Chester
- BMI Alexandra Hospital , Manchester
- Spire Cheshire Hospital, Warrington
- Pall Mall Hospital, Newton le willows