Upper Eyelid Lift
A Upper Eyelid lift is also known as Upper Blepharoplasty. It is a cosmetic surgical procedure designed to rejuvenate the upper eyelid area and provide a more youthful appearance. It removes the excess skin from the upper eyelids.
Upper Eyelid surgery can make your eyes appear younger and more alert.
Why it's done
- Excess skin on the upper eyelids
- Bags above your eyes
- Excess skin of the upper eyelids that interferes with your peripheral vision
- Droopy upper eyelids
It is also an effective way to improve sight in older people whose sagging upper eyelids get in the way of their vision.
Preparing For Your Upper Eyelid Lift Surgery
The Upper Eyelid lift procedures may be performed under either general or local anaesthetic. Your health is a prime importance and any cosmetic surgery should be postponed if you are unwell for any reason. It is important that if anything changes with your health that you make contact with us. Smoking should be stop 6 weeks prior to surgery. You may need preoperative tests prior to surgery.
Post Operative Activities
- After Surgery, You will be able to eat, drink and mobilize.
- You may temporarily experience blurred vision from the lubricating ointment applied to your eyes
- Apply cool compress to reduce swelling and avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Self-care at home during the first three weeks will help your recovery and minimize the risk of complications.