Facial scars come in numerous forms and may be caused by injuries, acne, burns, or surgery. The longer it takes a wound to heal and the more damaged the skin, the greater the chance of a noticeable scar. A normal scar will become darker initially and after a period of time this will start to fade.
How do scars form?
- Accidental injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Intentional harm
Preparing For Your Scars Surgery
Few day before your surgery eat a healthy diet to get your body in optimum shape for surgery. Stop taking any supplements or naturopathic or homeopathic medications two weeks before surgery. On the night before and the morning of your surgery, take a shower and wash thoroughly with regular soap. And please follow all the instruction carefully which is given by your doctor.
Post Operative Activities
- Wash and apply moisturizer daily.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Avoid direct sunlight for four to six weeks after the procedure.
- For facial procedures, you may need to avoid makeup for a few days.
- Be gentle and avoid scrubbing your wound.