Liposuction is the removal of excess body fat by suction using special surgical equipment. It is a cosmetic procedure that removes fat that you can't seem to get rid of through diet and exercise. Liposuction can also be done with plastic surgeries, including facelifts, breast reductions, and tummy tucks.
What are the risks of liposuction?
- Change in skin sensation that may persist
- Irregular pigmentation
- Swelling, bruising and infection
Preparing For Your liposuction Surgery
Before your liposuction Surgery you should avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding and kindly discuss your treatment plan. Also avoid smoking for a certain time period as specified by the surgeon before and after the liposuction plastic surgery.
Post Operative Activities
- After the procedure, you can expect to feel mild discomfort, and see bruising, redness and swelling.
- After surgery is to stay hydrated and wear a compression garment as often as possible.
- Some plastic surgeons will allow you to shower 24 hours after surgery.